okay people. i need your help. the mere idea of planning 3 meals a day for 5 days away is kind of driving me batshit crazy. normally i'm not like this at all; normally i love making lists and thinking things through. but this work week is turning out to be a big pile of poo; and by the time i get home and force myself to do yoga and situps and all that, the only thing i want to do is to become one with the couch. i've got to start making my lists.
just a recap: we're going to a remote cabin in the north georgia mountains later next week, and said cabin has a fully-equipped kitchen, an outdoor gas grill, and indoor and outdoor fireplaces. so far on the menu:
* pancakes and bacon (i usually never eat big breakfasts, but this is vacation, so bring on the pig)
* s'mores, because nothing says being in the middle of nowhere without marshmallows on a stick
* various sandwiches, so i'll have to pick up about 3 pounds of lunch meat
* blackened shrimp and grits
* some sort of marinated pork tenderloin (grilled, of course)
* stick meat? (as in meat on a skewer)
i can't really put thought into this until sunday, so please throw ideas my way!
patty has suggested pigs n blankets.
zack has suggested nachos (he actually told me about this a while back, but i forgot to add that to the original list).
my old boss suggested wrapping potatoes in tin foil and shoving them in the fire pit. he makes a mean barbecue, good ol' Tennessee boy that he is. but i won't let him read this site because he's a good ol' Christian boy who's never drank a drop in his life, and i think he'd get a heart attack and try to convert me to Southern Baptist if he knew that much about me. he's got an idea, i think, but prefers to ignore it. it's for the best, really.