Not remotely food related

One of my cousins is pregnant with twins; this is pretty great news because she and her husband have been trying for years. She’s only a couple of months along, but waited to tell the whole family about it at Thanksgiving. Well, except for me; she told me a week earlier because I wasn’t going to be in California for Thanksgiving.

Fast forward to this past Friday. I’m on the phone with my mom. Before I could even say anything about the news, my mom says, “N has sure put on some weight!”

Me: “She’s pregnant. Didn’t she tell you?”
Mom: “Mais, bien sur she told us she was pregnant, but she didn’t have to go put on any extra weight, did she?”

This coming from the woman who probably weighed a buck oh five when she gave birth to me, which explains a lot.

Comments

Popular Posts